Wednesday, February 5, 2020

DOLLAR STORE HOME ORGANIZATION HACKS & IDEAS MULTIPURPOSE BATHROOM KITCHEN CRAFT



Hi friends, I hope that you all are doing great! I have been bitten by the organizing bug! This usually happens this time of the year. So, you will see me make and post DIY organizers on my YouTube channel that are inexpensive and multifunctional. 

This time around I will be presenting dollar store ideas and hacks for organizing your home, especially in the kitchen and bathroom. I have 5+ (including 2 bonuses) new DIY organizers and 40+ organization ideas and hacks to share with you. Getting organized need not cost too much money.

I used shower caddies, shelf risers, zip ties and other materials that you can find at Dollar Tree. 

Using shower caddies and shelf risers to make organizers is very cost-effective. By connecting these items, you can make organizers that you can use in hard to organize areas like under the sink or inside the cupboard. The possibilities are endless and the only limitation is your imagination. Some of the projects featured in this video were requests from some of my subscribers. Thank you very much for those requests because they have challenged and inspired me to come up with solutions that are easy to make and very affordable. 

Materials used: 1st DIY: Dolar Tree DIY Double Shower Caddy Wall Organizers 2 Dollar Tree shower caddy 4 zip ties Scissors Hot glue gun and glue sticks 2 Dollar Tree small slotted tray baskets


I used zip ties to connect two (2) Dollar Tree shower caddies

I added the small white slotted baskets, also from Dollar Tree

The white small slotted basket from Dollar Tree fits perfectly on the shelf. Perfect for keeping small loose items!
2nd DIY: Dollar Tree DIY Single Layer Countertop Organizer 2 Dollar Tree wire shelf risers Zip ties Scissors Hot glue gun and glue sticks Cardboard or foam board (Cut to size) Dollar Tree contact paper

3rd DIY: Dollar Tree DIY Pantry and Bathroom Organizer 4 Dollar Tree wire shelf risers Zip ties Scissors Hot glue gun and glue sticks Optional for bathroom under the sink: 4 Dollar Tree baskets 2 pairs tied together with zip ties


I connected four (4) shelf risers with zip ties. Note that I used red zip ties for better visibility. 
I used Dollar Tree and Daiso bins to organize my craft supplies. 

I then put it in our kitchen cupboard, to create a mini pantry!

No pantry?! No problem! I was able to put my spices, sauces, some canned goods, oil bottles, etc in this small cabinet! On the top tier, I used two (2) clear plastic food containers to hold my spices so they do not topple over. I used a blue plastic bin on the right to hold tall bottles of oils.

I am sure everyone with a tight under cabinet sink can relate! The pipes can be a bother! Fortunately, this set-up is narrow enough to fit into the space!

I connected two (2) Dollar Tree baskets/bins together using a zip tie. This will allow me to pull the two baskets easily without breaking my back! I place them on the middle tier.

I connected two more baskets the same way and placed them at the very bottom. On the top tier, I placed an empty plastic shoe box from Dollar Tree towards the back. It can hold some tall items. 

At the top, I added clear bins. This one is from Daiso (a Japanese Dollar Store). The flip-out top allows for easy access of my toiletries.
4th DIY: Dollar Tree DIY Hot Drinks Organizer Stand 2 Dollar Tree wire shelf risers Zip ties Scissors Hot glue gun and glue sticks
I attached two (2) Dollar Tree shelf risers together with zip ties. I then place them on top of a tray. 



I filled them with hot drink goodies such as hot cocoa powder packs and tea bags. I used the Dollar Tree medium rectangular slotted basket at the very top and a clear Dollar Tree acrylic tray for the middle tier. 

I love how it turned out!

5th DIY: Dollar Tree DIY Under the Sink Caddy 2 Dollar Tree wire shelf risers 2 Dollar Tree shower caddy Zip ties Scissors Hot glue gun and glue sticks 2 pieces wooden rod (12 inches long) Optional: 2 baskets 2 skinny slotted baskets Bonus DIYs- before attaching the shower caddies, you can use the risers as a filing system for folders, stationery, journals, and notebooks. Or you can do the pull-out drawer system using the white wire basket from Dollar Tree. It can fit small and tight spaces!


I created this under-the-sink caddy using 2 Dollar Tree shower caddies, 2 Dollar Tree shelf risers, and wooden dowel rods. All tied with zip ties. This is perfect as is! Or...

Add bins or baskets to store more things!

Here, I showed that you do not need a basket/bin to store things. I put all the cleaning bottles on top. There is enough clearance since the caddies have tall handles. 

Adding storage bins definitely can hold more items and will prevent them from toppling over!


Please click on the thumbnail below to watch the full tutorial and to see more ideas, tips, and hacks that I shared! After you watch, I am almost certain that you will be bitten by the organizing bug too! Happy organizing!




Don't forget to subscribe to this blog and my YouTube channel for more projects like these!
Thank you so much for your support!


Until next time. Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment