Saturday, March 9, 2019

I am Getting Back On Track with Blogging in 2019

Hi everyone. It seems blogging never really took off as I had planned back in 2017; and in 2018, I totally skipped it. Thankfully, whenever possible, I had added some links of my DIYs for your perusal (check the DIY Tutorials tab). Then, life happened! Funny, how it often interrupts plans. Yes, LIFE interrupts LIFE!  I was doing too many things on my own. I am often full of plans and, sometimes, not everything materializes, not because of lack of motivation, but due to lack of time and capacity! Last year, I decided to concentrate on making my YouTube channel stronger. In that process, I learned a lot! I really dug deeper into what my channel should be and what it should represent.

When I first started my YouTube channel back in April 2016, I was not planning on becoming a YouTuber, at least not as a content creator. I created my channel so that I can subscribe and create a playlist, and leave comments on the channels that I followed. Back then, it was my daughter who wanted to become a YouTuber. She created a gaming channel. But then, her own life happens. Studying pre-med and being a YouTuber was not an easy feat due to her numerous activities and volunteer work. She has managed to upload a few gaming videos and some vlogs until she couldn't do it no more. Then, I got curious. Since I paid for the rig she was using for her YouTube channel, I might as well not let it go to waste. I started creating contents with things that are near and dear to my heart.

I created the monicker LifeAt50&Beyond since I am already past my 50 but I did not want my age to define what I can or cannot do! It is somewhat of a testament that at 50, I can still do anything as long as I put my mind, heart, and soul into. I knew nothing about being a YouTuber. My daughter helped me get set up my channel and also taught me how to use the video editing software that she used for her channel. Soon, I was rocking and rolling.

For my first upload in May 2016, I decided to give a tour of my pantry that I had organized. Home organization is not only a passion but also a necessity. All the more since we have downsized when we moved to a town near my daughter's university. Then, I started doing haul videos, from things purchased at Target and Dollar Tree. I did not know how many YouTubers were into Dollar Tree and Target Dollar Spot (Bullseye's Playground) and then a big community of self-proclaimed Dollar Tree addicts. I created an Instagram account and learned to post there too. I expounded to doing journals and planners and DIYs. Until I made my first DIY organizers, I was just doing whatever came to mind. No planning, just having fun and meeting new people. But, then, my channel became my passion and it helps too that I can make money on the side. I thought this can be a good income generator and can prepare me for my retirement. I have something to do even after I retire from my full-time job!

I am really enjoying this newfound hobby/passion/livelihood. I am forever grateful to my daughter for thinking of becoming a YouTuber and taking a break from it. Without her, I wouldn't have been inspired to do so.

Now, I need to improve some more and get back on track with Blogging. I intend to blog at least once a week. I hope to inspire and help people with their organization and decorating dilemmas. People who love to create things on a budget. I'd like to have you all be part of this journey with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment