Tuesday, December 24, 2019

DIY DOLLAR TREE TALL TERRARIUM LANTERN


I have a penchant for terrariums and lanterns that's why I love making them. 

I decided to make another one because I want a terrarium that also functions as a lantern. I also want it huge! This one measures 10 inches across by 19 inches high. I want it tall so that I can add potted plants and give them room to grow. I also plan to use it as a display case for my miniature projects.

To make the terrarium lantern I used picture frames that I purchased from Dollar Tree. You will need seven 8"x10" picture frames, E6000 or any stronghold glue. You will also need glue sticks and a glue gun to reinforce it.

Just a quick reminder, in the video you will see me use just the hot glue. That is only for demo purposes. To make sure that the frames will be secured when you create this terrarium you will need E6000 or any other stronghold glue.



To turn it into a lantern, I added remote-controlled lights that I received from Onforu. Check the video description for the link to Amazon and for the detailed list of materials.


I really enjoyed making this terrarium. The good thing about it is that you can adorn it with additional highlights that reflect the season. So, you can use it all year long. Add live plants or plastic plants...whichever tickles your fancy. The good thing about DIYs like this is that you're only limited by your creativity.

To watch the full video, please click on the video thumbnail below.




I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I enjoyed making it.

Don't forget to subscribe to this blog and my YouTube channel!

Until next time. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment