Thursday, December 26, 2019

I Transformed a Broken Wall Clock and Wrought Iron Stand into Beautiful Farmhouse Style Decorations!


I turned 2 broken things into these! FARMHOUSE HOME DECOR - Trash to Treasure Transformation


Ever since I started doing DIY projects I have had a recurring theme. Either do a project using cheap materials or repurposing old stuff to create new ones. That is why I came up with these projects for this specific video.

How to Transform an Old Wall Clock into a Shadow Box Display Case

The first project is repurposing a broken wall clock. Ever since I bought this wall clock, it had a problem with draining the batteries too soon. After multiple battery replacements, I thought it would be better and cheaper to repurpose it. I removed the mechanism of the clock itself and left the housing to be used in this project. I then, painted it white and added letter stickers I got from Dollar Tree to spell out "HOME SWEET HOME" on the inside. I embellished with sprigs of lavender. I hung it on the wall and voila! Great decor and since it is spacious on the inside you can basically decorate it however you want. I was so happy with the outcome. What do you think?

                                                                       BEFORE

                                                                   
                                                                         AFTER


How to Transform an Old Iron Stand and Old Baking Pans into a 3-Tiered Tray

The second project is a 3-tiered wrought iron stand that I transformed into a 3-tiered tray display. I bought the wrought iron stand about a decade ago and, if I remember correctly, I paid around $6 to $7 for it. It is perfect for farmhouse decor. I used my old baking pans that have been sitting for quite a while to create a 3-tiered all-season display tray. You can use this for different occasions. I also went for a rustic look on the wrought iron stand. I painted it white first and then added a bit of a brown color to create a faux patina. I never thought that I would use that iron stand until I was almost going to get rid of the old baking pans from Dollar Tree. I'm glad that I was able to revive not just the dingy baking pans but also the broken stand! Below are photos of the different ways I decorated this 3-tiered stand. I staged it for different seasons.
                                                                     
                                                                         BEFORE


AFTER


WINTER
SUMMER (SPA)

SUMMER (KITCHEN)
FALL

SPRING


So there you have it! My two latest trash-to-treasure projects. Hopefully, I have inspired you to repurpose things around the house that you would normally throw away. With a bit of imagination and creativity, these so-called broken things can be used in many other ways

To watch the full video click on the thumbnail below.



Don't forget to subscribe to this blog and my YouTube channel for more projects like these!
Thank you so much for your support!

Until next time. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment