Saturday, December 21, 2019

Last Minute Holiday Decorations that Last Through Winter Season Part 3


This is part 3 of a 3-part series. Click on part 1 and part 2 to get more inspirations in decorating your home for the holidays that will last through the entire Winter season.

I love to upcycle, refresh, revamp, recycle things and that includes my DIY projects. I would like to show you how I refreshed two projects that, incidentally, I also refreshed this last Spring. I love using inexpensive items, mostly from Dollar Tree to keep me on my low budget!

First, I replaced the wreath that I attached to the four wooden frames from Dollar Tree. The first time I used these four frames was in Winter last year when I created the deer in the forest faux window frame scenery, which I entitled Dollar Tree DIY Winter Wonderland Window Frame. Then, in the Spring of 2019, I recycled it to decorate for Spring.




Next, I made a pair of mini cypress topiaries using the mini Christmas Trees and two similar white cups from Dollar Tree. I filled in the empty spaces inside the cups using some of the red napkins with snowflakes that I got from Dollar Tree also. The napkins came 20 in a pack. Then, I placed bows made of Dollar Tree red \-and-white strings on top of the trees.  I love making simple but beautiful things out of inexpensive items!



Then, I revamped the wall hanging I created using an 11"x14" black picture frame from Dollar Tree. I used a Dollar Tree placemat as an insert. Then, I added three hooks from Dollar Tree below the frame and hung three paddle-shaped cutting boards also from Dollar Tree. I kept the same placemat but revamped and redecorated the cutting boards by covering the cups that I used to mimic small pots. I used burlap and added embellishments.

The first time I used this wall hanging was in December of 2018 when I created the "JOY" sign.
I hung this on our kitchen wall next to the sliding door.

And...here are some photos of my decorated fireplace mantle where I used the wreath frame and the topiaries! I added my galvanized miniature houses from Target Dollar Spot last year and a small white bottle brush tree to balance it out!


And here is the collage of all the projects!


Click on the thumbnail below to watch the full tutorial on my YouTube channel.


So, that's it, folks! I hope you enjoyed these 3-part series as much as I enjoyed making them for you! I also hope that I gave you some ideas to make decorations for the holidays that you can keep all Winter long!

Don't forget to subscribe to this blog and my YouTube channel!


HAPPY HOLIDAYS and ENJOY YOUR WINTER!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment